Monday 16 November 2009

Rest for me ... but Tooling Comp on Sat. for some!



I'm keeping off of the hills this week - after 10 weeks my ankle is still gving me problems so I'll stick to the bike for the moment. I'll be down south at the weekend at the Kendal Film Festival and then off to Costa Blanca for a quick 5 day break. I wonder what the snow will be like by the time I get back?
Today from the top of the Annat loop I got these views of Ben Nevis. Looks like the same wet snow on ledges and edges and black cliffs (even the top of NO.3 Gully Buttress looks quite black in these pics).
Whilst I'm in Kendal at the weekend don't forget:

Scottish Tooling Series Round 4
Glenmore Lodge
Round 4 of this year's Scottish Tooling Series will be at Glenmore Lodge on Saturday (21st November). The qualifiers will be held on the 2 granite towers in the grounds. The towers provide a realistic experience of Cairngorm mixed climbing and competitiors will need to wear crampons.
Throughout the day Andy Turner will be running beginner and masterclass tooling workshops and he is also going to present a lecture after the qualifiers at approx. 5pm.
Places for the comps and workshops still available- prebooking advised. Call Glenmore Lodge on 01479 861256 for more info or check out http://www.scottishtoolingseries.co.uk/
Sharpen your tools and have fun on Saturday!

No comments: