Thursday 2 August 2012

Bring the pain...

I'm taking a few days holiday with the family in Keswick prior to a stint of work at Glenmore Lodge. Its been a busy summer and with the arrival of baby Kaye and lots of work I'm not feeling the fittest. There's nothing like easy yourself back into a fitness regime..... or so I'm told.... I just tend to go for an unscientific beasting when I can.
Today it was Keswick to Threlkeld to Blencathra House to Skiddaw House. Then a right turn down the long valley and a left along the roads and bridleways... rolling up and down until the last left turn and the painful big climb up past Dash Falls back to Skiddaw House. Finally it was along the Longscale Fell track to the Latrigg Car Park and a good swift descent back to Keswick. I reckon its about 56 km and about 1400m of climb. And it hurt. and then I arrived back at my in laws just in time to take Sandy for a bike ride!!
1100m climbed, 300m to go and thats 200m of it right ahead... bring the pain!!

No comments: