Thursday 16 May 2013

Scottish Sport Climbs is here!

332 pages of sport fun in Scotland. My wee pic of Benny Beg meant I received a copy of Scottish Sport climbs today and I've got to say I'm impressed. Colourful crag location diagrams, approach times, good photo topos Scottish definitive guides feel like they've hit the 21st Century with this one.
Sport climbing doesn't inspire me in the way trad climbs do but over the last few years I've come to appreciate the things that make it unique and overseas trips and the odd Scottish bolt have been enjoyable. Here we have a wee feast of the latest that Scotland has to offer all over the country. The photos show it at its best (i.e. they are sunny and you can't see the midges) and the range of venues and grades is impressive.
Vive la difference! Or who wants to go murder the impossible? ;-)


No comments: